Global Skills Opportunity Bursary Fall

Students continuing in a full-time undergraduate degree who are undertaking a designated work-integrated learning experience or study abroad (in-person). Preference to Indigenous students and/or students with a disability and/or students who demonstrate financial need.

NOTE: this application is for those participating in an approved experience between September and December.

Payment will be applied in two disbursements upon enrollment confirmation: 80% of funds will be released prior to departure, and remaining 20% upon completion of required Universities Canada student report.
Should a student receive payment but does not participate in proposed experience, this may result in an outstanding charge to be refunded to the University of Lethbridge.

Award values are as follows:

For Indigenous students, and/or students with a disability, and/or students who demonstrate financial need:

  • Short experiences (less than or equal to 4 weeks) $3,000.00
  • Long experiences (greater than 4 weeks) $6,000.00

For all other students:
Traditional country destination (U.K., U.S., France, Australia)

  • Short experiences (less than or equal to 4 weeks) $1,000.00
  • Long experiences (greater than 4 weeks) $2,000.00

Non-traditional country destination (all countries excluding traditional)

  • Short experiences (less than or equal to 4 weeks) $1,500.00
  • Long experiences (greater than 4 weeks) $3,000.00

Award
Variable
Scopes
Indigenous Awards, Undergraduate Awards
Deadline
05/01/2022
Supplemental Questions
  1. Which fall experience(s) are you planning on participating in?
  2. How will this award benefit your personal, academic and/or career goals?
  3. Do you have a documented disability?
  4. I hereby authorize Scholarships and Student Finance to distribute all information and documentation pertaining to this application to members of the selection committee.