Louise McKinney Scholarship (Alberta Scholarships Program)
The Louise McKinney Post-Secondary Scholarship recognizes and rewards students for their academic achievements and encourages them to continue in their undergraduate or professional program of study.
- be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
– one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
– Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
– the student’s spouse/partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 12 consecutive months prior to the person attending post-secondary.
- be enrolled full time in the second or subsequent year of an undergraduate or professional program at the University of Lethbridge
- have completed a minimum 24.0 credit hours in the previous fall/spring semesters with a minimum 3.50 GPA to be considered
- Be currently enrolled in classes at the University of Lethbridge. Students enrolled in classes at another institution as part of their uLethbridge degree program will be nominated by the institution where they are currently attending classes.
- If you attended another institution for either or both of the previous fall and spring semesters, you must submit a transcript of your academic record for grades not earned at the University of Lethbridge. This includes students who take courses at another institution as part of their degree program.
Students are not eligible for a Louise McKinney Scholarship if they:
- have been nominated for a Jason Lang Scholarship in the same academic year,
- are in a graduate program,
- are an apprentice, or
- are upgrading.
- There are a limited number of scholarships available. Selection is based on academic standing.
- Although a 3.50 GPA is the minimum to be considered, it does not guarantee that you will be selected.
- Students can apply for both the Jason Lang and Louise McKinney scholarships, and are encouraged to do so. However, they will only be nominated for one or the other, if eligibility criteria are met.
- Selections are made by Scholarships and Student Finance.
- Undergraduate Awards
- Supplemental Questions
- If you answered yes, please verify which Alberta residency condition applies to you:
- If you attended a post-secondary institution *other than the UofL* during either or both of the previous fall or spring semesters *you MUST upload a transcript from the institution you attended.* This includes courses taken at another institution (for example, Lethbridge College) that are part of your UofL degree program. The transcript can be official or unofficial. The name of the institution, your name, and the program name must all be visible on the record. File type must be .pdf.