Alberta Graduate Excellence Scholarship (Masters)
Open to domestic, permanent residents, international and FNMI graduate students living in Alberta while completing a full time graduate degree. Students must be achieving academic excellence and in good standing within their program of study.
Priority is given to students not receiving other major awards.
FNMI recipients must • provide proof of their Indigenous ancestry on the Graduate Application before their eligibility is determined. Acceptable forms of proof may include one of the following, however the Recipient may use discretion and accept other documentation (e.g. proof that an ancestor’s name has been entered in the Indian Registry according to the Indian Act or as a beneficiary of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement) on a case by case basis:
- certificate of Indian Status, a status card or a band membership card
- letter from their band verifying the student’s status
- membership card issued by a Metis organization that the student is registered with (Metis organization must be a legal entity)
- a certified copy of a Nunavut Trust Certificate card or Inuit beneficiary card
- letter of support from Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada or Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated
- a letter of support from an First Nation, Metis or Inuit organization (must be a legal entity) confirming the student’s aboriginal ancestry
- Graduate Awards