Lois Hole Humanities and Social Sciences Scholarship
The Lois Hole Humanities and Social Science Scholarship recognizes students that demonstrate leadership and community service. This scholarship is named in honour of Lois Hole, Lieutenant Governor of Alberta from 2000 to 2005.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
– one parent, or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
– Alberta is the last place the student has lived for 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
– the student’s spouse/partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 12 consecutive months prior to the person attending post-secondary.
Minimum Scholarship Requirements:
- must have completed a minimum 24.0 credit hours at the University of Lethbridge in the previous Fall and Spring semesters.
- must have a minimum 3.5 GPA from the previous Fall and Spring semesters.
- be enrolled full time at the University of Lethbridge in the semester of the application.
- be enrolled in the second or subsequent years of full-time studies in the Faculty of Arts and Science with a major in the Humanities or Social Sciences.
- Applicants will demonstrate outstanding leadership and/or community service.
Recipients are selected by committee, on the basis of their academic merit and demonstrated leadership and community service.