Metis Scholar Undergraduate Award
Full-time in any undergraduate degree program (minimum 9 credits per term). Canadian citizen, Métis heritage. Demonstrated financial need, minimum GPA of 2.30 in the immediate previous semester at UofL. Must provide valid proof of Métis heritage and a statement outlining your experience with Métis community. Students cannot also be receiving funding from Rupertsland Institute – Métis Training to Employment Services for the same course(s) of study; nor can students be a Registered or Treaty Indian under Canada’s Indian Act.
- $2,500.00 minimum
- Indigenous Awards, Undergraduate Awards
- Supplemental Questions
- Please outline your experience with the Métis community (no more than 400 words).
- Please upload proof of your Métis heritage by providing one of the following: scanned image of a valid Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) membership card (which can be obtained by applying to the MNA), or scanned image of a valid membership card in any of the following organizations: Métis Settlements of Alberta, Métis Nation of Ontario, Manitoba Métis Federation, Métis Nation - Saskatchewan, Métis Nation British Columbia, or a scanned image of a parent’s, grandparent’s or sibling’s valid membership card in any of the above named Métis organizations (along with proof of this kinship connection); or other valid proof of Métis genealogy linking to the Métis Homeland (as validated by either MNA/RLI). (Not eligible if you are Inuit, or a Registered, Treaty or non-status Indian.). Applications submitted without documentation will not be considered.
- If your file is a .jpg, or a .png, please upload it here.
- If your file is a .pdf, .doc, or .docx, please upload it here.